Day in the Mountains
Monday, April 28, 2014
Begins at 8:30 a.m. - plan to stay all day
Join us at FRC for a very informative day!
- Priority registration for fall classes
- Consult with academic and financial aid advisors
- Meet students
- Learn about support services
- Tour the campus and student housing
- Enjoy a BBQ lunch and outdoor activities
Students planning to participate in Day in the Mountains must sign up online. The link at the bottom of the page will take you to the sign-up page.
In order to register for fall classes at Day in the Mountains,
it is required that students complete 1-4 below prior to the event.
1. Complete the FRC Online Application - Click Here
Once you have completed the application, print the “Signature Page” with your 9 digit Student Identification Number and bring it with you.
2. Complete the Assessment Test
We use ACCUPLACER for assement in English, reading and math. The results help determine appropriate class placement. Assessments can be completed the following ways:
- At the FRC Assessment Center: call 1-800-442-9799, ext. 313 for an appointment.
Special for Day in the Mountains: Sunday, April 27, at 5:00p.m. or Monday, April 28, at 7:00 a.m.
- At any community college that offers ACCUPLACER testing.
Send a copy of your ACCUPLACER results to Kristine Guess, 570 Golden Eagle Avenue, Quincy, CA 95971 or fax it to 530-283-9498, and bring a copy with you.
3. Send your High School and/or College Transcripts to: Kristine Guess, 570 Golden Eagle Avenue, Quincy, CA 95971, and bring a copy with you.
4. Complete Online Orientation
Online Orientation is on our website at www.frc.edu. Scroll over "Future Students" and click on "Online Orientation." Once you have reviewed the information you will be asked to take a 10 question quiz. Your quiz results will be automatically submitted to FRC.
Other Things to Consider
If Applying for Financial Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be completed online at www.fafsa.edu.gov. Financial Aid staff will be available on April 28 to provide assistance and answer questions.
Students with Special Needs
Bring verification of disability and/or current IEP. If currently a Department of Rehabilitation/WorkAbility client, bring supporting documents.
If Applying for On Campus Housing
Complete the Housing Application & License Agreement that can be found online at www.frc.edu/home/whatshot/frsapts/APRTMNT2.HTM. Submit the application to the Residence Hall Manager as soon as possible; housing fills up quickly.
Getting to FRC Quincy Lodging Campus Map
For more information contact us at:
(800) 442-9799, ext. 315 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org